We are proud to provide pain relief at the 'Speed of Light'!
The Companion Therapy Laser is our newest technology equipment. The latest in the development of high-technology Phototherapeutic laser systems made exclusively for the treatment of pets. Designed to give your pet fast pain relief and improved healing times, our Companion Laser Therapy System is the most powerful laser therapy system available today.
Shorter Treatment Times
Free of side effects
Therapy protocols for:
Back, Hip, & Leg Ailments
Ligament and Tendon Problems
Post Surgical Healing
The Companion Therapy Laser is a device which delivers treatment that is both scientifically proven and provides evidence based results.
Treatment Applications include:
Soft Tissue Injuries: Acute Back Injury, Sprains, Strains, Tendonitis, Haematomas, Lick Granulomas, etc.
Anti-inflammatory therapy of soft tissue.
Joint Conditions: Hip displasia, Bursitis, Joint Strains, Degenerative Joint Disease and Arthritis
Acute and Chronic Pain: Post Surgical Care, Bite Wounds, Hit by Car injuries, Burn Wounds, Ear Infections
Acupuncture point stimulation
Wound Management: Open Wounds, Infected Wounds
So, how does this work:
No anesthesia is required for your pet to be treated with the Therapy Laser. The therapy sessions are painless. Most pets actually seem to enjoy the process, even those experiencing active pain.
Companion Therapy Laser involves passing a Laser beam across your pet's skin, directly above the area where your pet has some discomfort or inflammation. Your pet experiences a feeling of warmth penetrating to the exact spot where the tissue needs help. The beam of Laser light is passed over the area for usually 3 to 8 minutes (The length of time varies with the size of the pet and the size of the treatment area). During this time your pet will be extremely comfortable and relaxed.
This invisible light beam is transmitting Laser energy into the cells during this time. This has several effects on different tissue types, and depending on the Laser settings. In the case for healing the effect causes the cells to reproduce or regenerate at a faster rate leading to a more rapid healing process. The beam also significantly reduces the pain associated with injury and inflammation by stimulating natural endorphins with in the tissue. The Laser also causes dilation of the blood and lymphatic vessels with in the tissue, increasing blood flow to the area and reducing the swelling.
The Companion Therapy Laser® was recognized as one of the World’s Best Veterinary Products of 2009 by ABC’s popular morning show, Good Morning America. The show aired Monday morning December 28th, 2009 during a live broadcast of the Pet Connection segment.
Known Biological Effects of the Companion Therapy Laser (The Science Part)
Clinical studies and trials of laser therapy technology indicate the following beneficial effects of laser light therapy on tissues and cells:
1. Accelerated Tissue Repair And Cell Growth. Photons of light from lasers penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. The laser light increases the energy available to the cell so that the cell can take on nutrients faster and get rid of waste products. As a result of exposure to laser light, the cells of tendons, ligaments and muscles are repaired faster.
2. Faster Wound Healing. Laser light stimulates fibroblast development (fibroblasts are the building blocks of collagen, which is predominant in wound healing) in damaged tissue. Collagen is the essential protein required to replace old tissue or to repair tissue injuries. As a result, Laser Therapy is effective on open wounds and burns.
3. Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation. Lasser Therapy reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, bums or surgery.
4. Anti-Inflammatory. Laser light therapy has an anti-edemic effect as it causes vasodilation, but also because it activates the lymphatic drainage system (drains swollen areas). As a result, there is a reduction in swelling caused by bruising or inflammation.
5. Anti-Pain (Analgesic). Laser therapy has a high beneficial effect on nerve cells which block pain transmitted by these cells to the brain and which decreases nerve sensitivity. Also, due to less inflammation, there is less edema and less pain. Another pain blocking mechanism involves the production of high levels of pain killing chemicals such as endorphins and enkephlins from the brain and adrenal gland.
6. Improved Vascular Activity. Laser light will significantly increase the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue that speeds up the healing process by bring more oxygen in, closes wounds quickly and reduces scar tissue. Additional benefits include acceleration of angiogenesis, which causes temporary vasodilatation, an increase in the diameter of blood vessels.
7. Increased Metabolic Activity. Laser therapy creates higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells.
8. Improved Nerve Function. Slow recovery of nerve functions in damaged tissue can result in numbness and impaired limbs. Laser light will speed up the process of nerve cell reconnection and increase the amplitude of action potentials to optimize muscle action.
9. Immunoregulation. Laser light has a direct effect on immunity status by stimulation of immunoglobins and lymphocytes. Laser Therapy is absorbed by chromophores (molecule enzymes) that react to laser light. The enzyme flavomono-nucleotide is activated and starts the production of ATP (adenosine-tri-phosphate), which is the major carrier of cell energy and the energy source for all chemical reactions in the cells.
10. Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points. Laser therapy stimulates muscle trigger points and acupuncture points on a non-invasive basis providing musculoskeletal pain relief.